Webex gets awards nods from UC Today: Best Collaboration Platform & Collaboration Leader of the Year
We are thrilled to share phenomenal news for the Webex team! UC Today, the leading publication for unified communications and collaboration, today announced its 2021 UC Awards and Webex by Cisco won Best Collaboration Platform and they also named SVP/GM Cisco Collaboration Javed Khan as the Collaboration Leader of the Year! I couldn’t be prouder of this recognition for our team and our leader. Here’s what Javed had to say about this incredible honor.
Hybrid work is the future
As the world begins to emerge from the pandemic, it’s clear that the future of work is hybrid. Hybrid work means that people will be working in mixed mode – they may be moving between working from home, the office, or the road on any given day or time.
And leaders recognize that hybrid work isn’t only about location. It’s also about people, culture, safety, security, and unlocking new opportunities. Webex powers the five essential elements of hybrid work: flexible, inclusive, supportive, secure, and managed. This award is a testament to what Javed and his team have accomplished over the last year to power Webex solutions to the forefront in the collaboration space and as the leader in driving hybrid work.
Here are just a few of Webex’s many accolades and awards that underscore our leadership in the collaboration market:
- Recognized 13 times in a row as a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Meeting Solutions
- Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service leader
- Red Dot Design Awards for video devices
- Webex Won Multiple Best in Class 2021:
Webex’s strategic investments in the future of hybrid work and the breadth of solutions are helping our customers succeed in the new world of hybrid work, including:
- Launched over 800 new innovations in just the last nine months
- Five new acquisitions – Babblelabs, Socio, Slido, IMIimobile, and Involvio
- Unveiled all-new Webex Suite in June – a single app for calling, meetings, messaging, polling, Q&A, events, and more
- Offering an immersive hybrid event experience at scale
- Real-time translation/transcription from English to 108 languages and bi-directional in 11 languages
- People insights provide analytics on personal, team, and organizational trends to support work-life balance and better collaboration, minimizing burnout
- Webex Assistant for Webex Rooms offers zero-touch, voice-activated controls
- Thrive Global + Webex partnership, and future integration will enable mindfulness and well-being to avoid employee fatigue
We are honored to work with a leader like Javed, who is so committed to building technology that provides an equal experience for everyone and breaks down barriers to geography, location, language, or economic situations. Congratulations Javed! This award is so well-deserved; we are so proud to work with you, and excited to see what’s next on our journey to a more inclusive future for all!
For Cisco, the task is clear—how to make the World’s Best Workplace the World’s Best Hybrid Workplace, click here to learn more about the Great Hybrid Experience.
CMO & VP, Webex/Collaboration
Sep 16, 2021 — Aruna Ravichandran
Sep 13, 2021 — Wade Hamblin