3 ways to spring clean your digital life
In spite of the recent winter storms that tagged the country last week, today marks the first official day of spring. In addition to the warmer days that lie ahead, today is also a perfect day to indulge in a bit of spring cleaning – but we’re not talking about a bit of dusting around the house. Today is also the perfect day for you (and your teams) to knock out a bit of digital spring cleaning as well and we’re sharing a few tips to guide you along.
Dust Off Your Digital Work Life
Any one of these tips – or combination of them – will fast track your digital decluttering.
- Find yourself shifting pass the same apps on smartphone or tablet? If you’ve stopped using them or have turned to other products, then delete them! An added bonus? Eliminating unnecessary apps and files, helps your device could run faster.
- There have been times I’ve realized I have dozens or even hundreds of unopened email in my inbox. Since selecting all and hitting the delete button is not a reality for many of us, revisit the “Zero Inbox” method to keep your inbox as clutter free as possible.
- When you’re prompted to change your password for an email account for example, consider changing passwords for all of your work-related accounts. From internal intranet sites to your 401k provider, save yourself some time down the line by taking care of it now.
Get Your Team in the Declutter Game
When everyone gets in on the digital declutter game, your team will already be set to hit the ground running when it’s time to connect and work together.
- Now that you’ve applied the Zero Inbox method, instead of a starting another long email thread filled with attachments, get the entire team onboard with an app like Cisco Spark to share information, whiteboard, edit documents and screen share.
- Have your teams look at all of the meetings and invitations currently on their calendar. If there are some they never find themselves attending or are just simply meetings they don’t need to attend, they should delete them to ensure their calendars are as up-to-date as possible.
- As a leader, do you know what your team members spend their time on each day? Help them optimize their energy and prioritize their day by auditing their time and helping them refocus.
What does all of this digital decluttering leads to? A fresh new digital environment prime for cultivating the most creative ideas and solutions teams have to offer.
- One of the easiest ways to cultivate deeper levels of creativity is to welcome new members – and their ideas. Set up a video meeting with Cisco WebEx and tap into the fresh ideas colleagues across town or around the world may have to share.
- After this deep digital spring cleaning, be sure to keep your digital life nice and tidy. Set aside 10 to 15 minutes each to prioritize your workload, clean out your inbox and check your Cisco Spark work rooms for team updates.
How do you plan on decluttering your digital life today? Share your best tips with us or how these helped you below.
Oct 16, 2020 — Nishchala Singhal, Kathryn Parkes, & Mani Pande
Oct 14, 2020 — Paulo Jorge N. Correia
Oct 09, 2020 — Manali Dongre & Mary Burns
Sep 14, 2020 — Arushi Raghuvanshi
Aug 18, 2020 — Connie Tang
Jul 27, 2020 — Cole Callahan
Mar 02, 2020 — Sri Srinivasan, SVP and GM, Team Collaboration Group at Cisco
Feb 07, 2020 — Webex Team
Dec 13, 2019 — Jillian Zimmerman
Nov 18, 2019 — Jillian Zimmerman
Nov 04, 2019 — Webex Team
Oct 30, 2019 — Webex Team
Oct 10, 2019 — Webex Team
Oct 07, 2019 — Rai Johnson
Sep 03, 2019 — Connie Tang
Aug 21, 2019 — Kacy Kizer
Aug 01, 2019 — Connie Tang
Jun 27, 2019 — Mark Miller
May 30, 2019 — Deepa Mahendraker
May 16, 2019 — Juan Gallardo
Apr 02, 2019 — Mandy Yeung