The webexperience of Cisco Live US
Over the past week, all the collaboration tech blogs and social media feeds that cover Cisco have been loaded with updates and perspectives on the various keynotes and product announcements at Cisco Live US 2019. With over 30,000 customers, partners, (and surely some interested competitors!), there was A LOT going on in sunny San Diego. One area that was loaded with activity was the Webexperience Theater – home of the Lightning Talks that were given by various Cisco Collaboration executives and SME’s covering a wide array of topics. Across four days there were 35 Lightning Talks and 7 Executive Talks. To give you a little taste of what we talked about, here are some sound bites from those talk.
Selected Sound Bites from CLUS Lightning Talks
- On-Premises, Cloud and Hybrid Calling Evolution… Wade Hamblin (Director, Product Management): “I want to introduce to you today to the new Cisco Webex Collaboration Cloud. It’s all about how to deliver your calling, your meetings, your team collaboration, and your contact center solutions across award winning devices with enterprise grade security, open & intelligent platforms to build and deploy on, hybrid and cloud architecture that gives you the flexibility and agility to do what you want.”
- The New Webex Calling… Sonali Karnik (Senior Manager, Cloud Calling Product Marketing): “Webex Calling is the integration of the Broadsoft acquisition of cloud calling into the Cisco Webex platform. So this is bringing together the best of cloud calling with the power of the Cisco Webex platform.”
- The Power of the Platform… Jono Luk (Director, Product Management): “If you look at where Webex is going, we’re helping with education, we’re helping with healthcare, we’re helping with verticals where you have to be able to rely on your platform. That’s the first and most important quality of the collaboration platform.”
- Jabber & Teams Working Together… Shane Long (Technical Marketing Engineer): “What is Jabber Team Messaging Mode? It’s a relatively new deployment model of Cisco Jabber where it’s a hybrid approach where you can deploy your Jabber client as per usual with UC Manager. So you’ve got your rich calling feature set from soft phone, desk phone, multi-line, some contact center features, VDI, etc. however with Jabber Team Messaging mode we’re taking advantage of the power of the Webex Teams Platform.”
- Adopting Webex in Education…Suzanne Phillips (Collaboration Adoption Manager): “As I’ve been talking to teachers, the number one most thing they’re excited about is figuring out how do we allow students to collaborate with each other and give them the tools so that even when they’re in classroom times they’re able to work together and pick off each other’s brains or when they’re at home the learning doesn’t have to stop and they can work on things like group projects outside the classroom. Other things people are excited about Webex is when you can have remote virtual experts join your classroom.”
- Webex + Meraki…Jing Zhang (Senior Product Manager of Cloud Calling): “We’ll be building bridges between applications: Jabber, Teams, Meetings. Bridges between the platforms: Webex Meetings, Calling, and also our on prem and cloud altogether as a hybrid. And we are also building bridges with Cisco Collaboration and other SaaS services: Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Today we are going to talk about another bridge. Another different type of bridge that is bridging the network (Meraki) with collaboration.”
- People Insights… Maureen Vild (Technical Marketing Engineer): “What is People Insights? An AI-driven platform, a massive ingestion engine, this huge database. This engine is constantly pulling information from the web – public information, on people and companies. We’re starting with Meetings but eventually it’s going to be across our entire collaboration portfolio. We’re taking that information, we gather it, we parse in, we attach it to a person, and we put it in Meetings in the form of a contact card. This is going to transform the way you relate to people in meetings.
- Intelligent Video Devices…Scott Edwards (Senior Director, Product Marketing for Webex Meetings, Teams, & Devices): “We want to make that technology become invisible to the end users. We don’t want you to learn the technology. We just want you to have a natural way and a seamless way to have a meeting experience. And that’s our goal – to make technology to become invisible.”
- Jabber VDI…Bryan Morris (Jabber Product Manager): “So basically what we’re trying to do here is bring the capabilities for a VDI user, or a virtualized user, up so they have a comparable feature set (Presence & Instant Messaging, Desk Phone Control, Softphone, Video) to the full desktop users in your organization.”
- Webex Edge…Ken Snyder (Business Development Manager Cisco Webex Worldwide Go-to-Market): “[Webex Edge] is one of the most impactful products in the history of Webex. This enables us to bring our rich heritage, our powerful Cisco networking best-in-breed solutions and combine that with our Webex platform and deliver that to our customer in a seamless connected experience so they have this true hybrid meeting experience that’s going to optimize their costs as well as drive the best, meaningful meeting experience.”
- Evolution of the Unified Client Experience…Lorrissa Horton (VP & GM Webex Teams, Jabber, & Intelligence): “Both [Jabber and Webex Teams] are unified clients in their own right. They do calling, messaging, meetings, one on-prem, one in the cloud. What we’ve been doing over the last year is really consolidating all of these capabilities into a single platform to minimize the user experience changes and really the overall change cost to you as an administrator and you as a manager training your employees just to get their work done. So, we’ve taken the overall user experience, the look and feel, and have really made it common across Jabber and Webex Teams so it doesn’t matter if you’re an on-prem architecture or a cloud architecture, your experience is the same.”
How do you summarize a week’s worth of non-stop content and announcements and messaging across our full list into an 800-word blog? You can’t! But hopefully these little teaser sound bites will whet your appetite to learn more! Full videos can be found on the Cisco Collaboration Facebook page.
Experience Cisco Collaboration for yourself and give Webex Meetings or Webex Teams a try for free:
Aug 03, 2021 — Javed Khan