Webex Edge for Devices released
Take the first simple step towards the cloud and get the most modern room device management experience
Webex Room devices on the Webex Platform brings the latest innovations and experiences to end users and admins and we are seeing massive uptake of our cloud first room experiences. However, we are also seeing that many customers have made significant investments in on-premises calling infrastructure and have media flow requirements that do not allow them to go full cloud quite yet.
With the recent release of CE 9.10, Webex Rooms customers can now start getting some of the benefits of the Webex Platform through Webex Edge For Devices. This software feature for our Webex Room devices allows customers to link their devices to the cloud without having to migrate calling to the cloud at this point in time. The initial subset of features takes customers one step closer to the full cloud experience.
By connecting devices to the Webex single platform, customers will gain advantages far beyond the room with Webex Control Hub, which offers the most modern and comprehensive device management portal in the market. Control Hub regularly undergoes monthly updates, which means customers will receive more innovations and enhancements moving forward.
There is never a better time to go to the cloud than now! We have released the Cisco Webex Devices tool to allow customers to easily migrate their entire on premises deployment fully to the cloud or connect to Webex Edge for Devices in minutes.
You can download this tool from Control Hub today and immediately get started connecting your on–premise devices to the Webex Platform.
All you need is a supported Webex Room device with the ability to talk over HTTPS to the Webex platform. See the following from our security white paper series of how Webex Edge for Devices works.
The Control Hub features available as part of CE 9.10 are the following:
* Historical Device Usage Analytics
* Online/Offline Connection Status
* Device Diagnostics Messages
* Cloud xAPI access (https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/guides/xapi)
* Device Alerts (Diagnostics Messages proactively sent to Webex Teams)
In addition, the following optional features can be deployed:
- Webex Hybrid Calendar Service allows you to connect Office 365, Google or Exchange environments to send OBTP (One Button to Push) events to the device to enable end users to easily join Webex Meetings.
- Webex Assistant is a voice-driven virtual assistant that can help your users with calling, meetings, and device controls. Combining Webex Hybrid Calendar Service and Webex Assistant, customers can receive proactive meeting join prompts that allow you to join meetings without touching a button.
See the full CE 9.10 Release Notes here and get started on migrating your devices to a more modern experience today!
Apr 07, 2021 — Aruna Ravichandran
Apr 02, 2021 — Aruna Ravichandran