5 Ways Small Businesses Benefit from Video Conferencing Tools
When you schedule an in-person meeting, you subject everyone involved to some rather strict limitations. They all have to gather in the same physical location, plus you need to ensure that you’ve actually got an open conference room or office at a time that works for every attendee.
Neither requirement is a given, especially if you’re an SMB with limited working space and employees who regularly travel or telecommute.
It’s sort of the workplace equivalent of visiting a travel agent to plan a trip, despite having the more convenient option of just handling the flight details, car rental and Airbnb or hotel booking online. In this case, the appealing alternative is to use video conferencing solutions.
As SMBs look to enable real-time collaboration without the constraints of in-office meetings, video conferencing software offers a compelling combination of rich functionality, affordable cost, and overall ease of use. SMBs can use such a platform to perform many tasks, from holding internal online meetings with screen sharing to meeting with sales prospects via HD video.
Let’s look at some of these benefits in greater depth, so you can evaluate the different solutions out there and choose the best video conferencing software for your team.
Here are 5 ways your SMB can benefit from video conferencing services:
1. Simpler, more consistent collaboration
When a meeting’s attendees are not all in the same place, it’s crucial that they have a consistent platform they can connect to whether they’re joining from a phone, tablet, computer, or dedicated video calling equipment. Webex levels the playing field with:
- Flexible device compatibility, supporting mobile and desktop devices as well as any standards-based video equipment.
- The option to join from a web client without needing to download anything.
- Call Me functionality to join by just answering the phone.
- Quick joining via Webex Productivity Tools in the toolbar.
Webex’s familiar big green button makes life easier for everyone, no matter whey they are or what device they’re using. A TechValidate survey of Cisco collaboration users found that 93% felt Webex video conferencing improved their interactions and business relationships.
2. Better productivity
At its best, video conferencing software supports productive real-time collaboration from any location. A 2018 Forrester survey found that almost three-quarters of IT decision-makers said their overall number of video calls had increased over the last two years, hinting at big ongoing gains in employee productivity.
Compared to conference calls, video and web conferencing solutions enable better productivity by:
- Minimizing distractions: Audio-only meetings encourage multi-tasking, which distract from their proceedings. Thanks to crystal-clear video, Webex helps attendees stay fully focused.
- Keeping the meeting short: Overlong meetings test everyone’s focus. By simplifying the processes for joining and participating, the best video conferencing software eliminates the delays and technical hiccups that inflate meeting times.
- Providing rich functionality: Video conferencing solutions let you do more than just see who’s on the other end of the line. Screen sharing, online meeting recording, webcasting, and more open up many possibilities for your SMB.
3. Many possible use cases
Small business owners and their teams often have to wear many hats. From sales to customer support, the same employee might perform several different tasks on a daily basis, necessitating a similarly versatile set of collaboration tools. This is where a flexible and intuitive video conferencing solution like Webex pays dividends.
With Webex, you can:
- Hold all-hands meetings to provide informative updates about the company.
- Host a webinar to showcase a new product or pitch a promising partner on a project.
- Conduct trainings for departments such as HR, with Q&A, polling, and screen sharing.
- Offer high-quality, real-time technical support to customers and users around the globe.
- Make it easier for sales teams to collaborate internally and with prospects and customers.
4. Seamless integrations
Video conferencing works best when it’s integrated into your other workflows, such that you don’t even have to think twice about scheduling a meeting. Webex works with all major calendaring software, including Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, and Office 365. Inviting anyone or everyone is no problem.
Plus, you can launch meetings from inside tools such as Salesforce, Slack, or Microsoft Teams. When you connect with someone via video on Webex, these integrations provide helpful context that fuels better meetings.
5. Reduced travel costs
SMB budgets are often tight, with little room for unexpected expenses. A video conferencing system can help you optimize your costs by reducing the need for pricey travel, whether it’s between company offices, on trips to meet prospects or attend conferences.
The lifelike video conferencing of Webex makes it as if everyone is actually together in one room, even when they’re apart. So save the commute or the business travel, and focus on the projects that matter most to your SMB. Try Cisco Webex for free today!
Oct 30, 2019 — Webex Team
Oct 29, 2019 — Aruna Ravichandran
Oct 10, 2019 — Webex Team
Oct 07, 2019 — Rai Johnson
Sep 03, 2019 — Connie Tang
Aug 21, 2019 — Kacy Kizer
Aug 01, 2019 — Connie Tang
Jun 27, 2019 — Mark Miller
May 30, 2019 — Deepa Mahendraker
May 16, 2019 — Juan Gallardo
May 09, 2019 — Jillian Zimmerman
Apr 02, 2019 — Mandy Yeung
Mar 20, 2019 — Derek Stevens
Mar 08, 2019 — Jono Luk
Nov 18, 2019 — Webex Team