WorldTour Team DSM takes to the road with Webex for a new hybrid sports experience
Cisco Webex named official collaboration partner of Team DSM
The passion of the German licensed Team DSM and their vision of ‘Keep Challenging’ inspire millions of cycling fans worldwide. Fresh from winning multiple stages of the Tour de France 2020 and a double podium of the latest Giro d’Italia, Team DSM is one of road cycling’s most exciting young WorldTour teams.
Check out the new official launch video:
I’m honored today to announce a new strategic partnership with Team DSM and to share in their vision of redefining the sport through cooperation and innovation. That includes a future of hybrid sports experiences, and as a proud extension of their team, Webex will provide the platform and devices to be integrated into their daily activities to bridge in-person and virtual experiences.
Team DSM isn’t just a sports team but a big operation and Webex is helping them to manage it.
- Almost 60 athletes
- More than 370 racing days during 126 races
- Over 50 full time staff members
- 500 bikes, 3 touring cars, 3 trucks, 3 motor homes, 3 vans and 25 cars
New era of hybrid sports and how Team DSM will leverage Webex
- Seamlessly connect the cyclists from their homes, team camps or race locations tothe large, distributed support staff of coaches, nutritionists, physical therapists, doctors, and of course, family. One of the key things Team DSM was looking for was a secure end-to-end collaboration solution that also includes our devices such as Webex Desk Pros, Webex boards and cameras.
- Enable R&D experts of the Team to link with the innovation partners like DSM.
- Enable the team to do pre- and post-race media interviews with riders and opening that exclusive experience to partners, VIPs and fans, providing for more meaningful interaction.
Webex enables an inclusive future for all
At Webex, our purpose is to power an inclusive future for all – by breaking down barriers across geography, language, personality and socio-economic levels to give everyone tools to achieve greater personal expression, as well as build more engaged relationships.
This partnership is a great example of how Webex empowers incredible organizations, like Team DSM, to scale their mission, and vision. We’re thrilled to partner with Team DSM as they reimagine the world of pro cycling. It’s an inspiring vision that we’re proud to be a part of and encourages us, too, to ‘keep challenging’ ourselves.
Still need help?
May 11, 2021 — Vanessa Philogène
May 11, 2021 — Aruna Ravichandran
May 06, 2021 — Brad Bonin
May 05, 2021 — Gauri Ahuja