Webex by Cisco achieves Swiss Digital Trust Label
Today, we are proud to announce that Webex by Cisco has achieved the Swiss Digital Trust Label (DTL), a world-renowned accreditation issued by the Swiss Digital Initiative.  DTL gives users of digital services in Switzerland the knowledge and confidence to make decisions about their services. It provides a level of trust, transparency, and responsibility for service providers. Knowing that a digital service has passed DTL’s stringent certification process gives customers the confidence that the service is transparent about the security and privacy of their personal information.
Digital service companies who are awarded the DTL certification show their commitment to providing services that comply with regulatory standards, focus on consumer and business experiences, and demonstrate trustworthiness. The certification process requires demonstrating:
- Best practice cryptography;
- Secure product and service updates;
- Monitoring, identifying, and rectifying security vulnerabilities and/or breaches;
- Data retention and deletion practices;
- Functional reliability;
Beyond providing the above functionality, Cisco has demonstrated trust in many ways:
- Webex takes a holistic, 360-degree approach to security. It includes securing users, content, applications, and devices natively to ensure data is safe, private, and secure, and complies with legal and regulatory compliance, regardless of where people are working or who they are working with.
- The Cisco Secure Development Lifecycle has been central to Cisco’s ability to swiftly meet established requirements as it ensures our cloud offerings have security and privacy standards fully incorporated. All features are designed from the beginning with security features built-in, not added on later or enabled by external software.
- The Cisco Security and Trust Organization manages security to develop world-class collaboration solutions that are built-in, offering users a frictionless experience while protecting content. Some of these include verified identity, support for personally managed devices, on-network and off-network policies, lobby controls, and visual security indicators like encryption badges for external users.
- Cisco publishes privacy data sheets that are the public-facing outcome of our internal assessments. Robust privacy assessments are internally part of our development processes.
- Cisco continually meets compliance standards such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), ISO 27001, ISO 27017, ISO 27018, ISO 27701:2019 SOC 2 Type II, C5 certification, and EU Cloud Code of Conduct. To learn more about Cisco Webex security & privacy certifications, regulatory compliance, and regulatory compliance, visit the Webex security page.
Cisco is the largest cybersecurity company in the world. When our customers roll out Webex and use it to get in touch with consumers, they bring consistency to the data protection landscape, incorporating well-recognized privacy principles like transparency, fairness, and accountability. Cisco has internal tools, processes, and culture for global privacy standards. These efforts are not solely driven by compliance obligations, but also by the underlying principles that privacy is both a business imperative and a fundamental human right.
At Webex by Cisco, the guiding principle has always been “collaboration without compromise.” Security and privacy are never traded for convenience or speed. Our vision at Webex is secure cross-company, cross-border collaboration for businesses, governments, and consumers that is compliant with data locality, security, privacy, access, and controls, and we continuously invest in these capabilities in meeting international security and privacy standards.
Our commitment has always been to build trustworthy solutions. I am incredibly proud Cisco Webex has been awarded the Swiss Digital Trust Label. Since its inception, we have been supporting the Swiss Digital Initiative which aims to promote trustworthy solutions globally and enable customers to access these. The Cisco Webex Suite fulfilled all stringent criteria as a trustworthy, transparent, and accountable hybrid work platform. The process has been strongly supported by Cisco’s Country Digitization Acceleration initiative. We are committed to accelerating the Swiss national digitalization agenda and creating new value for the country, its businesses, and its citizens.– Christoph Koch Cisco’s Chief Technology Officer for Switzerland
For more information, contact Sales Cisco Webex | Contact Sales
“ For more information about the Swiss Digital Trust, see https://digitaltrust-label.swiss/.”
Mar 27, 2023 — Snorre Kjesbu